Monday, April 10, 2006

*Update: April 11th, 2006~ craft talk op ed from anonymous art person
"This guy is an idiot. He should have nothing to do with artspreserve and has stained your site with scatological humor that, at best, is still crap. FartsPreserve, how trite. Hey, I liked that type of stuff when I was five! Slade thinks he knows art but he doesn't. He just bumbles around and drools at anything with a wall label, resorts to using shitty language and barfs all over his computer. He probably appreciates the lesser arts and artists and should crawl back into his poopy filled trailer of poopy urine poops. He couldn't afford one sheet of my fancy drawing paper that is better than anything he has. He probably doesn't even know who Artemisia Gentileschi is. I do. I know who he is. He doesn't but I do. And he probably thinks pottery is real art. HA! Nobody who has an education thinks pottery is real art! Stop this tautology and start posting someone who knows what real art is. People who are stupid are so stupid. What next, a crap talk lesson on conte drawing using a palette knife? HA! You don't use a palette knife for conte drawing! You don't! I knew that but I bet he didn't."



with slade badiner



Where the hell have I been. It's April. The last time I posted was October, 2005...and yes, I use naughty words.

When I visit youtube and watch those videos all I can think about is, "who's going to pull off the next war of the worlds type of stunt and fool everybody with some acting bullshit". It would be pretty easy to suck in a load of people who think it's real and start to spread it all over the place.
there's no new stories to tell, what's new is the WAY THE STORIES ARE TOLD. i'm paraphrasing from somebody, I don't know who.

After a Des Moines Iowa museum run (and talking to their arts center guards, one sketches all the time and he's good), and Omaha last week I was in Lincoln, stopped by tina's and then headed for the galleries downtown. What would happen if ART outlawed cows, mirrors (including cracking them and breaking them), landscapes and feathers? Oh, and spirals. Tedious and no fun for me, that's for sure. Hey, look at me!! went home and drank.

I watched the penalty with Lon Chaney the other night. BLIZZARD. Chaney was a Colorado boy. If you want to be inspired, put up a huge poster with ALL the characters he created and just look at them. Talk about a badass photo.

I found that pic with the guy humping...oh, I mean holding the deer. made me smile.

reminds me how much we all want to marry our objects today...like these kids in awe of Marci.

I don't get a lot of what goes on here. I don't think that's the point. I like to tell dirty jokes, do stuff for shits and giggles and work outside, but I can appreciate art and love to look at it. it's fascinating for me. if I could write better maybe I would do that for a living..but i don't. I'm not real talented but I do what I can. I like stupid humor and my hands are always dirty. but isn't that what art is about? invite everything in that's subversive, raw, real, playful, serious, crappy, lush, torn, broken, slick, confusing, expensive and cheap, and let it reveal itself. sometimes it's beautiful and sometimes you see something that freaks you out. the preserve does that for me. I don't know why. I came late to this art party. sometimes when it's not what it suppose to be it's called artsy. people still can't get past this. i don't know. I'm tired and it's late. I'm crabby and this is starting to get silly. it sounds stupid but seeing this work has made me smile, and think and see details and connections i would never of thought of. NEVER. I don't know where they come up with this stuff. anyway. enough writing for now.

I want to go smoke in my garage.